Fellow blogger and writer Sally A. Moore has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you very much 🙂
Basically, the VBA is a game of tag. I have been tagged and now I must tag 15 other blogs/bloggers that I enjoy. I also have to list 7 things about myself.
So, in no particular order, here are my 15 nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award! These are all people (or groups of people) that inspire and inform me on my writing journey…
1. Ksenia Anske: She is a lovely/crazy Russian whom loves vodka, ballet, and socks. She also has great advice for writers and is exceptionally open about her writing adventure! She also gives away her books for free! (Remember when I said she is crazy?)
2. Katie Cross: A self-publishing powerhouse! Seriously, she blows me away with the ideas she comes up with for marketing her book series (The Network Series).
3. Raven Oak: She posts helpful tidbits about Scrivener every Saturday as well as other entertaining and informative posts!
4. Matt Price (Matt’s Tech Corner): Okay, so he is my husband… But seriously his blog is great! He even writes about me sometimes 😉
5. Lori Lesko: Honest and open about her writing journey.
6. ProBlogger: They post some really great tips and advice for running a successful blog.
7. K.M. Weiland: Gives lots of helpful tips for writers.
8. Rachel Thompson: Lots of helpful social media tips for writers and really any entrepreneur.
9. Kate Tilton: She has some great book reviews as well as give tips to writers. She also is all about connecting readers and writers.
10. ReadWriteMuse: They post a great variety of writing related information and anecdotes. Love it!
11. Quill Pen Editorial: Some good tidbits about editing now and then 🙂
12. Jason Cantrell: Entertaining and sometimes informative posts about his writing and life adventures.
13. Ann Bisky (Bisky Scribbles): She hasn’t posted much recently (hopefully she will get back on that!), but she is quite entertaining when she does!
14. Angelina Williamson: I just like her writing style. She talks openly about her writing journey.
15. D. Emery Bunn: And another blogger who blogs about writing! He also does reviews and interviews and such.
Please make sure to check out each of these bloggers!
And now my list of 7 things about me!
1. The first book I wrote was a short picture book in elementary school about a frog that was trying to get home for Christmas. I gave it to my Gramma and she always kept it in her china cabinet in the dining room. Now that she has passed away, it still sits in the same china cabinet at my parent’s house until one day when I own a house and it can sit in my Gramma’s china cabinet in my dining room.
2. I have had the same favourite band for 15 years. For those who know me, this doesn’t come as a shock. (PS, the band is Linkin Park!)
3. My favourite book series is The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. Sometimes I wish more of my friends and family had read them but then other times I am selfishly happy that I have it for myself.
4. When I was a teenager I thought I would never want kids. Then I thought I would only want boys. Then I thought one of each. Now I really just want girls. I think that’s because everyone I know that has had a baby recently has had a boy.
5. I have about 11 unfinished first drafts of novels. Seriously, I need to actually finish something…
6. I used to hate the idea of an e-reader, but now I do about half of my reading on my kindle. I still prefer paperbacks though! (I also like hardcovers but they are expensive and not very portable.)
7. Sometimes I doubt myself so badly that my fingers become completely immobilized and I cannot write a single word.
Thanks again to Sally!
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award nominees:
- Display the Award Certificate (go ahead and steal it from my post)
- Write a post and link back to the blogger who nominated you – that’s me!
- Nominate 15 other bloggers
- Inform them of their nomination via comment on their blog
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself